Proudly Supporting The Discovery Centre!
Cushman & Wakefield Atlantic is pleased to be sponsoring this year’s Brain War Event. The Annual Brain War is a legacy fundraising event for The Discovery Centre, that challenges the mind with a series of 30 stations each testing a different component or a combination of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) components addressing the following:
- Content categories for trivia, multiple types or styles of “brain use”
- Sensation (awareness), memory, processing, creativity, output (communication)
- Quiz / science knowledge
- Reasoning/problem solving/logic/lateral thinking – i.e. engineering challenge, building a device with a set of provided materials
- Complete the pattern, what comes next in a series?
- What do these things have in common?
- Which is the most different and why?
- Information processing – i.e. “reading for detail” filter and synthesize information to separate relevant from irrelevant data
- Spatial manipulation – i.e. Rubik’s cube, tangram, etc.
- Language and information systems – code breaking
- Sensation / cognition – change blindness, “inattentional blindness”
Teams of four will spend the day rotating from challenge to challenge in rapid succession, aiming to outperform the competition, and there will be competition!