- A unique opportunity for local, national and institutional investors and developers to have a footprint minutes from the campus of Dalhousie University, the largest university in Atlantic Canada.
- The Commodore offers a steady income with 100% occupancy and significant opportunity for annual rent escalations.
- This opportunity has exceptional near and long term-value.
- The property just underwent a complete renovation that was completed in August 2019 including suites, common areas, building systems, exterior and roof.
- Ideal unit mix of furnished 3 to 5 bedroom units catering to the student demographic.
- Units come complete with all furniture, TV, heat, water, power, appliances, artwork, shelving, etc.
- Total site area of 20,000 sf.
- 26 rental units in 33,000 sf, over 3 floors situated near the Dalhousie University Campus.
- Stabilized income: $ 742,908 NOI.
- Fully leased with historical 100% occupancy rate.
- The property is ideally located to benefit from the high demand and low supply of quality student housing options.
- Located in the South End of Halifax, The Commodore is at the heart of the student neighbourhood at the corner of Oxford Street and Jubilee Street.
- The property is located a short 7 minute walk to the Dalhousie campus and 15 minute walk to Downtown Halifax, giving tenants easy access to grocery, restaurants, cafes, bars and shopping.
- Dalhousie University is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Canada, and attracts tens of thousands of students from all over the country and abroad year after year.
- Saint Mary’s one of the largest universities in Halifax is also within close proximity.
- Proximity to major public transportation and residential neighbourhoods.
- The large student population in Halifax increases demand for high quality, hands-off, easy housing.