- The Joseph F. Allison house is a well-known historical property located in Sackville, NB. This historical property is a 3-storey building with 10,800 sf prime for redevelopment. Sitting on 2.31 acres directly across from Mount Allison University, there is ample paved parking and is currently vacant for ease of renovations and repurposing the space.
- The house was built in 1842 and has a strong history in the community. Originally built by the brother of Mount Allison University's founder, the home underwent renovations in 1908 and in 1997 that included a new cellar, high ceilings and an addition that nearly doubled the size of the original home. There is still an original barn on the property known as the Carriage House for added historical significance.
- Heat pump and new windows
- Easy access from Main Street
- Large paved parking lot
- Carriage House recently renovated
- Large offices and several bathrooms
- Zoning Uses Include: office, studio, gallery, B&B, Funeral Home, Inn, Restaurant, Boarding House, Single-Family Home
Sackville, New Brunswick is a quaint university town located minutes from the Nova Scotia border and 30 minutes from Moncton, New Brunswick. Easily accessible and well-known by all the surrounding communities, Sackville is a favorite weekend, road trip town. With visitors taking advantage of picturesque walking trails, unique cafes, shops and exploring Mount Allison University. The diverse population ranging from the inspiring student to the relaxed retiree, makes this property a perfect investment opportunity.