- A rare opportunity for a large scale greenfield development of a new neighbourhood within an established city.
- The land is predominantly cleared and was at one time the Hartt Island Ski Facility.
- +/- 150 to 200 acres is within the Fredericton city limits.
- Using green space, common areas, small lots, town homes, underground wiring and other modern design features could create the most desirable new residential project in New Brunswick.
- A recent housing study has concluded the need for housing in this area.
- The property could be used in whole or in part as a quarry.
- Interested parties should request the supplemental information package.
- Connected to Fredericton’s Active Transportation Corridor, leading to the downtown. Ideal for running, biking or walking commutes.
- This property is located on the south bank of the St. John River in the Springhill, Hartt’s Island and Silverwood area.
- Located adjacent to Fredericton’s downtown core about a 10 minute drive away. The area is fully serviced by public transit making this ideal for a residential housing area.
- Situated on Woodstock Road offering easy access to the downtown core, Highway 7 and the Trans Canada Highway.
- The City of Fredericton has a population of 58,220 which is expected to grow until 2041 by another 60.70% to 93,559 according to the City of Fredericton Planning Department.
- Full municipal services available to the site. The property straddles the City of Fredericton and the district of Hanwell.
- The area currently includes community focused amenities such as the Silverwood Wading Pool, churches and parks.
- The area is serviced by several schools such as Kingsclear Consolidated School, Garden Creek Elementary School, Bliss Carman Middle School and Fredericton High School.
- A short drive away from grocery, quick service food, accommodations, golf course and local boutique retailers.