Cushman & Wakefield Supports Brain War!
Proudly Supporting The Discovery Centre!
Cushman & Wakefield Atlantic is pleased to be sponsoring this year’s Brain War Event. The Annual Brain War is a legacy fundraising event for The Discovery Centre, that challenges the mind with a series of 30 stations each testing a different component or a combination of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) components addressing the following:
- Content categories for trivia, multiple types or styles of “brain use”
- Sensation (awareness), memory, processing, creativity, output (communication)
- Quiz / science knowledge
- Reasoning/problem solving/logic/lateral thinking – i.e. engineering challenge, building a device with a set of provided materials
- Complete the pattern, what comes next in a series?
- What do these things have in common?
- Which is the most different and why?
- Information processing – i.e. “reading for detail” filter and synthesize information to separate relevant from irrelevant data
- Spatial manipulation – i.e. Rubik’s cube, tangram, etc.
- Language and information systems – code breaking
- Sensation / cognition – change blindness, “inattentional blindness”
Teams of four will spend the day rotating from challenge to challenge in rapid succession, aiming to outperform the competition, and there will be competition!
To learn more about Brain War, click here.